Your conference room matters. It is, after all, where you conduct important conferences. While you’ve probably settled on your conference table, choosing the right conference chairs can be more exacting. Conference chairs come in myriad shapes, sizes, styles, and options, but fear not, office professionals, like those at InterWork, are standing by to help you get the job done.
Conference Chairs: How Many Do I Need?
Once you’ve selected your conference table, you can get down to the important task of figuring out how many chairs you’ll need. The number of chairs will hinge upon the size of your conference table. For this calculation, a great rule of thumb is that the length of your table (in feet) is equal to the number of chairs it can comfortably accommodate. A table that’s 4 feet long, in other words, can seat 4, and a table that’s 20 feet long can seat 20. It’s also a good idea – if space allows – to provide side chairs that can be lined against the walls for overflow seating.
Conference Chairs: What Kind Do I Need?
Conference chairs are often a heck of a lot like desk chairs, but there are some important differences. Conference chairs typically have fixed arms and very few ergonomic adjustment options. The fixed arms provide user support but allow few personal adjustments. In other words, your conference attendees won’t be fiddling with knobs or cranking chair handles during important meetings. Most conference chairs adjust only for seat height.
What about Special Features?
Many conference chairs sport special features that you may be interested in:
- Big and Tall chairs can comfortably accommodate attendees who are taller and/or heavier than average, and it’s good to include several in your arsenal.
- Petite chairs fulfill the same purpose as big and small chairs but for smaller attendees – consider including a few in your lineup.
- Side chairs or guest chairs are perfect additions to your chair inventory – they allow for overflow seating during important meetings.
Additionally, there are several specialized features that are worth considering:
- Stacking chairs that, obviously, can be easily stacked atop one another when not in use provide a great space saving option for overflow crowds.
- The same goes for nesting chairs that, rather than stacking together, nest together.
- Tablet-arm chairs provide attendees (who aren’t seated around the conference table) with writing surfaces.
These options cover the conference chair basics. Your office furniture professional will provide you with more detailed information regarding your perfect suite of conference chairs.
If It’s Time to Rethink Your Conference Room, Call InterWork for More Information
InterWork is here to help you re-imagine your conference chairs. We have 30 years of experience helping employers like you invest in conference chairs that suit your needs, budget, and aesthetic. At InterWork, we offer a vast selection of conference chairs, and our massive inventory includes new, refurbished, and Grade A pre-owned. For expert help choosing conference chairs that are right for you, give us a call at 800-821-3522 or send us an email through our online contact form today.