Business Development Manager
When you’re sitting in an office, have you ever wondered who designed it?
Across the US and Canada, InterWork Office Solutions plans, furnishes, installs, and manages office openings, closings, and relocations for some of the world’s best-known brands. Our focus on sustainable furnishings and disposal practices has led to unprecedented growth, and we’re looking for passionate, talented people to join our winning team.
We’re now hiring an experienced Business Development Manager to be the leading force that fuels our growth in the North American market. The ideal person will have proven experience creating and nurturing client relationships either through a sales role or within another function. Those with project management or general operations experience in the office furniture, moving, or allied industries are encouraged to apply.
You’ll be a proactive and curious member of our growing sales team, identifying growth opportunities for clients before they identify a need or gap for themselves. This level of foresight and meticulous analysis will help take our company confidently into the future.
The ideal candidate possesses proven success in a similar role and thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. This role will report to the Sales Manager.
Objectives of this Role
- Build and maintain lasting relationships with clients and partners by understanding focus and needs, and anticipating those needs in advance
- Coordinate internal and external resources to expedite workflow
- Defend accounts against competitive incursions
- Manage communication between clients, vendors, and upper management
- Stay current with company offerings and industry trends
- Achieve organizational goals while upholding best practices
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Support and solve problems for clients by understanding and exceeding their expectations
- Illustrate the value of products and services to create growth opportunities; compile and analyze data to identify trends
- Prepare quotes, proposals, and presentations that win new business and further positive perceptions of the InterWork brand
- Participate in brainstorming, office activities, staff meetings, and client meetings, researching and assisting with program development for existing clients and new prospects
- Perform prospecting activities such as cold calling and networking
- Follow up with clients regularly to ensure needs are being met and identify opportunities
- Maintain a database of clients, prospects, partners, and vendors through our CRM software
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, or a related discipline
- At least 4 years’ experience in a role reporting directly to upper management
- Ability to manage multiple accounts while seeking new opportunities
- Ability to understand client needs, and negotiate costs and services
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and CRM software, with aptitude to learn new systems
- High level of detail orientation
- Willingness to travel as needed to meet with clients and prospects, and to attend networking events
- Prior demonstrable experience in a client-facing role within the facilities management or office furniture industry, or similar, including operations and project management
- A history of building and maintaining client relationships at Fortune 1000 firms
- Knowledge of sustainability practices and a passion for conversation
- Proficiency with LinkedIn Sales Navigator and other prospecting tools
- Knowledge of CPQ systems, specifically QuoteWerks
- Experience overseeing budgets and expenses
Salary: Competitive base salary plus aggressive commission plan
Benefits: Unlimited paid time off, Flexible work arrangement – eligible for part-time telecommuting, health/dental/vision
Schedule: Full-time, Monday – Friday
Regular Travel: 15-20%, subject to change commensurate with COVID restrictions
Work Location: Remote & Office
InterWork Office Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in all its forms and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.